|Directors:||Chip & Jill Gowan|
|Dates:||Jul. 18 - 24|
|Location:||Lake Of The Ozarks (map)|
Come join all the Christ-centered fun, fellowship, and fantastic times that will be happening this July at Mammoth Camp 2021 where we will be Focused on the One – leaving 2020 behind. This Senior High aged camp is the perfect place to connect with friends, develop awesome relationships, and learn how to strengthen your faith and walk with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The location is perfect for “getting away from the world” at Camp Clover Point located in the Organized Group Campgrounds of Lake of the Ozarks State Park. Recreational activities include enjoying the lake with canoeing, boating and tubing, as well as swimming in addition to more traditional camp activities. Camp events include a talent show, “The Big Event”, small group religion and service classes, daily all camp religion classes, nightly campfires (mostly at the lakefront), prayer/testimony and dedication services, and morning worship activities all infused with great fun! This year's amazing staff has prepared daily themes to sharpen your vision of walking with Jesus Christ. We look forward to seeing you there!!
CIT Application Process: Go Here
Directions from Independence - (of note: if you type "Camp Clover Point Drive, Kaiser MO" in either the Google Maps or iPhone Maps app it should take you to the correct place - plan on nearly a 3-hour drive time). THERE WILL NOT BE A BUS OPTION FOR GROUP TRANSPORTATION THIS YEAR.
1. Take 50 Hwy past Warrensburg and Sedalia to Tipton and turn right on Hwy 5 (south).
2. Follow Hwy 5 until T-intersection with the stop sign just outside (and East) of Versailles.
3. Turn left (East) onto Hwy 52 to Eldon. Turn right (south) in Eldon (at the corner with McDonalds) on Business Hwy 54 towards Osage Beach.
4. Hwy 54 takes you into Osage Beach on the north side of town.
5. Take exit for Osage Beach Parkway (watch for the Osage Beach Parkway signs) and go to second light (Osage Beach Parkway is divided at this point).
6. Turn left (east) onto Osage Beach Parkway. Follow this until you get to intersection for Hwy 42/134. If you see a Wal-Mart or the lake, you went the wrong direction on Osage Beach Parkway; make a U-turn and follow directions below.
7. Turn right (southeast) onto Hwy 42/134 (there is a Walgreens on the corner of this intersection and you should pass a Lowe's store on the left after you make the right turn. If you see a Target or Hy-Vee on your right, then you missed your turn and have gone too far).
8. Follow Hwy 42/134 to the Lake of the Ozarks State Park and watch for Hwy 134 to split to the right. Hwy 134 takes you past the Park Office (on a side spur).
9. About half a mile past the Park Office, you should see a Log Cabin on the right, and turn right, (away from Hwy 134) onto Whispering Oaks Road (County Road 134-2).
10. Follow the little brown OGC signs to Clover Point, about 5 miles. There are several sharp turns and County Road 134-2 changes from Whispering Oaks, to Black Road and finally to Tangled Oaks road. All of them are County Road 134-2 and Tangled Oaks road takes you directly to the campground located at the end of Camp Clover Point Drive.