|Directors:||Chip & Jill Gowan|
|Dates:||Jul. 14 - 20|
|Location:||Lake Of The Ozarks (map)|
|Registration:||Register Online or by Mail|
Come join us for a “week away from the world” getting to know more about God and Jesus Christ. There is a reason it is called Mammoth Camp, the experience is HUGE!!! This senior high youth camp is designed to integrate fun and fellowship with learning about God and providing multiple opportunities to worship. Spend time reconnecting with friends or making new ones while enjoying the many optional fun activities such as swimming, tubing, canoeing, etc… There is a variety of events that will engage campers throughout the week. These include daily camp religion classes, small group religion classes, small group service classes, nightly campfires and devotions as well as different evening activities such as Mammoth Olympics, the Big Event, and a camp talent show. An awesome staff is already busy preparing a Mammoth experience just for you. We look forward to seeing you there.
Directions from Independence -
1. Take 50 Hwy past Warrensburg and Sedalia to Tipton and turn right (south) on Hwy 5.
2. Follow Hwy 5 to the stop sign just outside (and East) of Versailles. Turn left (East) onto Hwy 52 through Barnett to Eldon. Turn right (south) on Hwy 54 towards Osage Beach.
3. Hwy 54 takes you into Osage Beach on the north side of town. Hwy 54 becomes Osage Beach
Parkway. Watch for the Osage Beach Parkway signs.
4. While driving on Osage Beach Parkway, watch for Hwy 42 / 134 and turn left (east). This is by
the Walgreens and Lowe's stores, and several other shops & restaurants. If you get to Wal-Mart or the lake, you've gone too far.
5. Follow 42 / 134 into the Lake of the Ozarks State Park and watch for Hwy 134 to split to the
right. Hwy 134 takes you past the Park Office (on a side spur).
6. About half a mile past the Park Office, find the Log Cabin on the right, and turn right, ( away from 134 ) and on to Whispering Oaks Road (County Road 134-2). Follow the little brown OGC signs to Clover Point, about 5 miles. County Road 134-2 changes from Whispering Oaks, to Black Road and finally to Tangled Oaks road. All of them are County Road 134-2 and Tangled Oaks road takes you to Clover Point. There will be a bus available for those that desire a ride. Please email Jill to make arrangements.
BUS RIDE TO MAMMOTH CAMP 2019
This year RCI is providing a charter bus for campers who want to begin their “camp experience” before they even get to camp. Two RCI board members will accompany campers and provide fun, unifying and camp appropriate activities during the ride to camp. We are so thankful for this opportunity for campers to begin meeting other campers and preparing their hearts for a week of seeking Jesus. The charter bus is air-conditioned and has limited seating for 50 campers with luggage storage underneath. Please reserve your seat early by contacting Caleb Postlethwait at email@example.com, or calling 816-507-2843
Cost is $40.00 for round trip or one way. Cash or checks should be payable to RCI. When registering for the bus, please include campers name, whether they're riding down/back/both, Contact Information, Emergency contact info.
Departure is from Waldo Restoration Branch (CPRS), 819 West Waldo, Independence, MO. Meet on the far east side of the parking lot.
Departure time is 7/14 (Sunday) at 10:00am. Please be there minimum 15 minutes early.
You will leave camp to return to Waldo on 7/20 (Saturday) @11:30. Please be ready minimum 15 minutes early. We estimate arrival at Waldo at 4:30pm.
We will stop at a quick food place going down and back. We recommend each person should have money for each stop.